Digital Marketing versus Traditional Marketing is one of the most animated new age debates that we often come across. While on one hand the tech heads give you the most obvious reason of fast paced digitization as to why digital marketing clearly surpasses traditional marketing. Corporate executive, on the other hand, performance in convention, would more obviously than not justify traditional marketing. Before we ponder on this debate further, let us first understand what basically distinguishes the two.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional Marketing refers to the conservative methods of promoting a brand. This includes newspaper ads, periodical ads, billboards, brochures, hoardings etc. Traditional marketing also includes system marketing. In its most basic sense, Traditional marketing refers to a prearranged try on endorse one’s brand but without any reliance on online methodologies. Traditional offline medium are often the channels that brands slot in when it comes brand promotion.
The tools for Traditional Marketing are:
- Print Marketing
- Broadcast Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Outdoor Marketing
- Publication Marketing
Let us look at a few examples of Traditional Marketing:
- Vicks, a prominent brand in India came up with a movement called Touch of Care. The ad film showcased a daughter’s association with her transgender mother. This ad film that went viral because of how it truly the touched a chord with the over-romanticizing of the spectators.
- Dove, around mid 2000s came up with the idea of giving away free samples with dawn newspapers. This strategy truly helped the brand popularize itself. This brand plan completely worked in the brand’s favor.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing as the name suggest refers to the marketing pains of a brand using online channels. It refers to how a brand handles it online reputation. Optimizing your brand forms the spine in this case. The main channel certainly is the Internet. The sub channel include websites, blogs, Social media platforms etc. Digital Marketing includes a step of intricate events.
The tools include:
- Face book Marketing
- Digital Campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
Let us look at a few examples of Digital Marketing:
- Chitchat hit it big with their influencer marketing plan. Their challenge on Musical.ly which concerned participant lip syncing to the new jingle was quite a rage. It bring great popularity to the brand image of Chitchat.
- Kellogg’s launched their digital movement using Stranger Things on Netflix. We saw in the series how eleven was obsessed with Kellogg’s Ego waffles. This online promotion that included storytelling elements really brought about a string of pleasing effects for the brand.
Which one should you go for?
The market conditions are deep of the cut throat rivalry that prevails currently. In a state like this both offline and online presence count. While it is extremely significant to maintain effective optimization and an imposing online reputation, it is equally vital to maintain a strong offline presence.
Despite having different channels, both traditional and digital marketing run on similar strategy. The Marketing Mix, the backbone of any marketing plan, consisting of Price, Product, Place and Promotion, is basically what goes into both traditional as well as digital marketing. Therefore a perfect marketing strategy should be the right combine of traditional and digital marketing. While SEO, SMM, etc are great ways of success people’s computer screens but there exists a world beyond that which can be reached through the facets of traditional marketing.
As you saw, Marketing can be rather a fix. They are services that call for expert advice and professional help. If done right, Marketing can have a broad influence which will bring about a cord of beneficial outcomes for your striving brand.
Bangalore, India is the hub of original agencies. There is a bunch of creative agency for Hoardings, Brochures, and ad films etc. that operate here one of which is Moshe.
Mushy Mushy is a renowned creative ad agency. They offer you premium services in Branding, Digital Marketing, Animation Videos, Digital Signage and much more.
As a leading Digital Marketing group, Mushy provides you innovative solutions for all your digital marketing needs.