Kiwi.com is an online travel agency and metasearch engine that specializes in providing innovative solutions for booking flights, accommodations, and transportation services. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Brno, Czech Republic, Kiwi.com has grown into a popular platform for travelers seeking affordable and flexible travel options.
One of Kiwi.com’s key features is its Virtual Interlining technology, which allows users to combine flights from multiple airlines, even those that do not have formal partnerships, into a single itinerary. This unique approach enables travelers to create customized routes and potentially save money on their bookings.
The platform offers a wide range of travel services, including flight bookings, accommodation reservations, and car rentals. Users can search for and compare options from various airlines and providers, and Kiwi.com facilitates the booking process.
Kiwi.com also provides additional features such as “Nomad” and “Explore.” Nomad allows users to create multi-city itineraries with flexible dates, making it convenient for travelers who want to visit multiple destinations. Explore is a feature that helps users discover new travel destinations based on their budget and preferences.
In addition to its consumer-facing services, Kiwi.com also offers an API (Application Programming Interface) for travel businesses, enabling them to integrate Kiwi.com’s search and booking functionality into their own platforms.
It’s important to note that the information provided here is based on the knowledge available up until September 2021, and there may have been updates or changes to Kiwi.com since then. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it’s recommended to visit the official Kiwi.com website or contact their customer support directly.
Booking and Luggage Allowance
When booking a flight through Kiwi.com, the specific luggage allowance and policies will depend on the airline(s) you are flying with. Each airline has its own baggage rules and restrictions, which can vary in terms of the number of bags allowed, weight limits, and additional fees for exceeding the allowance.
During the booking process on Kiwi.com, you should be able to view the baggage information for each flight segment before finalizing your booking. This information is typically provided under the “Baggage” or “Fare Conditions” section, where you can see the details regarding the luggage allowance for that particular airline.
It’s important to carefully review the baggage policy for each airline you are flying with, as it may differ from one leg of your journey to another if you have connecting flights with different airlines. Make sure to take note of any specific weight or size restrictions and any additional charges that may apply for checked or overweight/oversized baggage.
Additionally, it’s recommended to check the official website of the airline(s) you will be flying with closer to your departure date, as baggage policies can sometimes change, and it’s best to have the most up-to-date information directly from the airline.
If you have specific questions or concerns about luggage allowances or any additional services related to baggage, it’s advisable to contact Kiwi.com customer support or reach out to the airline(s) directly for further assistance.
When booking a flight through Kiwi.com, you have the option to select your seats depending on the policies of the airline(s) you are flying with. Seat selection availability and options may vary depending on the airline, the type of ticket you’ve purchased, and the specific aircraft.
During the booking process on Kiwi.com, you will typically have the opportunity to choose your seats if the airline allows it. This option is usually available at the time of booking or during the online check-in process, depending on the airline’s policies. Some airlines may offer seat selection for free, while others may charge a fee for certain seat types or locations, such as seats with extra legroom or those in preferred sections of the aircraft.
The seat selection process may differ between airlines, but generally, you’ll be able to view a seating map indicating available seats and their corresponding prices or attributes (such as extra legroom or proximity to an exit). You can usually select your preferred seat by clicking on the corresponding seat on the map.
If seat selection is not available during the booking process on Kiwi.com, it’s possible that the airline you are flying with does not offer advanced seat selection for the fare class you have chosen. In such cases, seat assignments are typically made at the time of check-in, either online or at the airport.
It’s important to note that the availability of specific seats cannot be guaranteed, as airlines may change aircraft or seat configurations. If you have specific seat preferences or requirements, it’s advisable to check the airline’s official website or contact their customer support directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding seat selection options.
Kiwi Food and Drinks
Kiwi food and drinks refer to the cuisine and beverages that are associated with New Zealand, colloquially known as “Kiwis.” New Zealand’s culinary culture is influenced by various factors, including its indigenous Maori heritage, British and European traditions, Pacific Island influences, and its unique natural resources. Here are some notable examples of Kiwi food and drinks:
- Pavlova: A popular dessert in New Zealand and Australia, pavlova a meringue-based cake typically topped with whipped cream and fresh fruits.
- Fish and Chips: This classic dish consists of deep-fried fish (often haddock or cod) served with crispy fries. It is commonly enjoyed at fish and chip shops throughout the country.
- Hangi: A traditional Maori cooking method, hangi involves cooking food in an underground oven. It usually includes meat (such as lamb or pork), root vegetables, and sometimes seafood, resulting in a smoky and tender flavor.
- Kiwi Burger: The Kiwi burger is a variation of the classic hamburger, typically topped with beetroot slices, fried egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Lolly Cake: A popular sweet treat in New Zealand, lolly cake is made by combining crushed malt biscuits, condensed milk, butter, and chopped candies (lollies). It is shaped into a log and chilled before slicing.
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream: Hokey pokey refers to a type of toffee made with honeycomb candy. It often mixed into vanilla ice cream to create a popular and unique New Zealand flavor.
- New Zealand Wine: New Zealand renowned for its wine production, particularly Sauvignon Blanc. Other notable wine varieties include Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Riesling. Regions such as Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay, and Central Otago known for their vineyards.
- Craft Beer: The craft beer scene in New Zealand has grown significantly in recent years, with a wide range of breweries producing various styles of beer, including pale ales, IPAs, stouts, and more.
- Flat White: While not exclusive to New Zealand, the flat white coffee has become popular in the country. It consists of espresso with steamed milk, creating a smooth and velvety texture.
These are just a few examples of Kiwi food and drinks, and there are many more culinary delights to explore in New Zealand. Trying local dishes and beverages can be a great way to experience the country’s culture and flavors during your visit.
kiwi Promotions & Discounts
Kiwi.com, as an online travel agency and flight metasearch engine, occasionally offers promotions and discounts to its customers. These promotions and discounts can vary in terms of availability, duration, and specific terms and conditions. Here are some common types of promotions and discounts you may come across:
- Seasonal Sales: Kiwi.com may have seasonal sales or special promotions during holidays or specific times of the year. These sales often provide discounted fares or special offers on flights, accommodations, or packages.
- Promo Codes: Kiwi.com may distribute promo codes through various channels, such as email newsletters, social media, or partner websites. These promo codes can entered during the booking process to apply a discount or receive a special offer.
- Last-Minute Deals: Kiwi.com may feature last-minute flight deals or discounted fares for spontaneous travelers. These deals often target specific destinations and can offer significant savings on bookings made close to the departure date.
- Newsletter Subscriptions: Subscribing to Kiwi.com’s newsletter or email updates may give you access to exclusive deals, discounts, and special offers. These promotions often sent directly to subscribers’ email inboxes.
- Loyalty Programs: Kiwi.com may have a loyalty program or rewards system that allows frequent customers to earn points or receive benefits for their bookings. These rewards can redeemed for discounts or other perks.
To stay up-to-date with the latest promotions and discounts offered by Kiwi.com, recommended to visit their official website and check their “Deals” or “Offers” section. Additionally, you can subscribe to their newsletter or follow their social media accounts to receive notifications about any ongoing promotions.
It’s important to carefully review the terms and conditions of any promotion or discount before making a booking to ensure that you understand any restrictions or requirements associated with it.
How does Kiwi.com work?
Kiwi.com is a travel platform that allows users to search and book flights, accommodations, and transportation services. It uses Virtual Interlining technology to combine flights from different airlines into a single itinerary, offering more flexibility and potentially lower prices.
Can I book a round-trip or multi-city itinerary on Kiwi.com?
Yes, Kiwi.com allows you to book round-trip, one-way, or multi-city itineraries. You can select your desired travel dates, destinations, and search for available options.
What happens if I miss a connecting flight booked through Kiwi.com?
If you miss a connecting flight due to a delay or cancellation of a previous flight booked through Kiwi.com, the company offers their Kiwi.com Guarantee service. This service helps in finding alternative flights or providing compensation according to their terms and conditions. It’s important to contact Kiwi.com’s customer support as soon as possible in such situations.
What are the accepted payment methods on Kiwi.com?
Kiwi.com accepts various payment methods, including credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), debit cards, and alternative payment options like PayPal. The available payment methods may vary depending on your location and the specific booking.
How can I contact Kiwi.com customer support?
You can contact Kiwi.com’s customer support through their website or app. They typically offer 24/7 customer support via email, live chat, or phone. recommended to have your booking details ready when reaching out to customer support for assistance.
What should I do if I need to make changes to my booking?
If you need to make changes to your booking, such as modifying travel dates or passenger information, you should contact Kiwi.com’s customer support. Keep in mind that changes may be subject to airline policies and additional fees.
How can I cancel my booking made through Kiwi.com?
To cancel a booking made through Kiwi.com, you should log in to your account or contact their customer support. Depending on the fare type and airline policies, there may be cancellation fees or restrictions on refunds.
Please note that the above information is based on general knowledge about Kiwi.com, and specific details or policies may vary. always recommended to visit Kiwi.com’s official website or contact their customer support directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific booking or inquiry.